Beyond our programming and layout, we incorporate the very idea of community by giving back in two ways.
First, we donate all pre2teen (10-13) tickets sales to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, matching those sales and anything else added to the bucket over the course of the weekend.
Second, we collect and deliver donations for Night of Peace Family Shelter Inc., a local 501(c)3 which fights homelessness by providing emergency shelter, case management, meals, shower and laundry space, and other necessities to help families in their transition to permanent housing and self-sufficiency. The following items are the wishlist they’ve put together for us. All donors are entered into a drawing for a prize package.
– Bottled Water
– Canned Goods (no kidney, black or pinto beans, all other vegetables welcome)
– Shelf-Stable Goods (pasta, sauces, pancake mix, oatmeal packets)
– Non-dairy creamer, tea bags, sugar, and sugar substitute packets
– Children’s clothing
– Pajamas (adults and kids)
– Bar Soap
– Hand Sanitizer
– Latex Gloves
– Hair Nets
– Large Trash Bags
– Plastic Utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
– Paper plates, cups, bowls, and towels
– Coupons or passes to local parks, attractions, or destinations
– Walmart Gift Cards